Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I work in a pet shop...

And not the good kind. All I've been hearing for the last three months is the sound of sunflower seeds being cracked.

My friend Jessica gave up smoking about four months ago (way to go Jessica!) and in place of that oral fixation, she started eating sunflower seeds. Which is fine because she cracks them in her mouth so you can't hear them. HOWEVER, now both production people I sit next to have taken to the sunflower seeds too. I don't know why, they are both smokers and haven't given anything up. They don't have the common courtesy to crack the stupid seeds inside their mouths so all you hear is - crack, crack, crack, crack, crack, crack, crack, crack, crack, crack. They sound like a fleet of gerbils.

I'm going insane! I have to sit there with my headphones on to keep from snapping.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I thought you were going to say you have rodents. If it makes you feel any better, I HATE the designer. She rolled me under the bus to my boss, who she has done nothing but talk shit about since before she even started -- two faced back stabber!
My only saving grace is knowing she can't last - she hates the job no matter who she tries to blame for the reason.